- It’s a very big camping site located on a hill right next to Zarautz. It offers a beautiful view from the hill onto the beach.
- From the site, it takes about 15-20 minutes to reach the beach. However, it’s quite a steep path. A regular bus shuttle will take you from the site to the center if you don’t want to walk.
- The facilities are excellent: spacious, extremely clean (they actually clean them several times a day), friendly colored and comfortable. I especially liked the dish washing area with stainless steel sinks.
- The check-in policy was a bit stressful. In the high season, most spots are taken and you kind of have to stand in line starting around noon. Then, you get a spot assigned and it’s take it or leave it. The spots in the 1st row towards the view onto the beach are available by reservation only.
- Most spots are rather small and a bit on a slope.
- Many water faucets and trash bins are spread throughout the site.
- The focus of the site is surfing, so the atmosphere is likewise. You will see lots of people living this lifestyle with surfing, skating and the like.
- There are a lot of kids, and there’s quite a bit of running around and noise during the day. At night it’s quiet.
- The little market offers the basic things with very competitive prices. Some stuff carries the same price tag as in a regular supermarket, which is very nice.
- The wifi is available on nearly the whole site. However, during the day it’s hardly usable. To get a decent internet surf, you will have to use the off hours in the early morning before 9 am or at night after 11 pm or try your luck in between close to the market area.
- The staff was very helpful, especially the director who’s always riding around the site with a scooter to check if all is ok. The restaurant staff was very friendly. Some staff at the reception was a bit indifferent on some questions.
- The price was 29,60 € for two persons with a mobile camper including electricity. Now, compared to some rather shitty camping sites in France that were even more expensive, this is a real bargain!
It’s a really beautiful, well-kept, well-organized site. I absolutely recommend it. I’d give it five stars overall if it wasn’t for the bad wifi. Also, when I asked about the bad connection, I just received a quite succinct answer that as more people connect the wifi gets slow. Come on, people, just get a better network. Since I require good wifi it’s an important thing for me. Apart from that – excellent!
|Value for money||★★★★★|
|Location / view||★★★★★|