The Bilbao RV parking site Autocaravaning Kobetamendi is located west of Bilbao on a hill in Altamira.
- The parking costs 15 € per night.
- It offers a stupendous view over the city.
- It’s very quiet and sort of guarded during the day…well, there’s a fence and an official entrance with a person at the reception. At night, it’s video monitored.
- The spots are on grass mostly. Some spots are on a slope, so bring your blocks. There are virtually no trees, so also no shade.
- Each spot has electricity and a water connection (with really good pressure).
- A bus (number 58) that takes you right to the center runs regularly from a stop just 100 meters away.
- Right next to the site, there’s another parking lot, unguarded and without service. You can certainly park and spend the night there as well.
It’s an ideal location for visiting Bilbao! Things missing are an Internet connection and a small supermarket nearby. So…make sure to research your stuff beforehand and to bring enough food or you’ll have to haul it up the hill.
|Value for money||★★★★☆|
|Location / view||★★★★★|