Area de Autocaravanas Sevilla is located in Sevilla, Spain.
- It’s a spacious, fenced parking located in an industrial area of Sevilla. The atmosphere is accordingly, don’t look for beauty, more for a practical solution.
- It’s a bit difficult to find. My navigation indicated an entrance from the south, which is not possible. Follow directions from the north. Also watch out for the holes in the street on the last 100 meters to the site, they are really deep.
- The site has a service area, but it’s not kept very nicely. The “fresh” water hose didn’t occur as one and for a site that charges a substantial amount, I’d expect it to be in professional shape. The spot for dumping the chemical toilet, in comparison, was in good shape.
- The site has also has toilets and showers. Monday through Friday, the showers can, odd enough, only be used from 20 – 9 in the morning, any time on the weekend. I don’t think anyone would notice if you use it during the day, though. The toilets were clean, but occasionally smelled a bit.
- There’s free wifi in the reception area.
- The site has many power outlets. However, not all spots have easy access to the outlets, so if it’s crowded, it might be difficult.
- The ladies at the reception were, well, I wouldn’t say unfriendly, but annoyed, to be honest. I suspect their boss decided to open up this parking business on the side next to the garage / repair / car business he seems to be running. I guess you could get your vehicle fixed, if you have a problem. The ladies do not seem amused, but must deal with all this checking in and out, at least on weekdays.
- From the location, you reach the center (Puerta de Jerez) in about 15 minutes biking. I read elsewhere that people “walk to the center in 30 minutes”, which I don’t believe or they have an interesting definition of center. Because the site is located as it is, you already need about 10 minutes to walk to the nearest bus station (bus 41, takes you to the center).
- The parking’s flyer also claims a 10 minute walk to tourist attractions, which is just false unless you consider industrial cranes an attraction. True is that the Feria de Abril is located about a 15 minute walk from the site.
- A taxi costs 10-15 € from the “center”, we took one from the northern end of the Palace Gardens (Jardines Reales Alcázares). The driver was a bit spooked out of the location, it seemed, I guess he learned something new that night ;)
- The price was 12 € (independent of number of people) plus 3 € for electricity. It’s a bit too expensive for what is offered, but I suppose ok for a big city like this.
In the end, it’s safe and you have all you need. If the owner took care of a few things, it would be really and worth the price. Like this, it’s a bit too expensive but still the best solution for Sevilla.
|Value for money||★★★☆☆|
|Location / view||★☆☆☆☆|